Well this is a bummer. Will Smith who played Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot in David Ayer’s Suicide Squad, will not be returning for the relaunch/reboot/sequel according to Variety.
Now this isn’t down to Warner Bros. reshuffling of their DC properties or Smith refusing to return like he did with the Independence Day sequel. Unfortunately it came down to Smith’s scheduling. Many expected Smith to return although it was never officially confirmed.
Warner Bros. has yet to confirm who will return from the first film. Justin Kroll who broke the story says the studio are in two mind whether to recast the role or replace Smith’s Deadshot with a different character altogether.
Now if they do bring in another character, we know exactly who we want like to see — Deathstroke played by Joe Manganiello who was introduced in the end of Justice League. Now that would help lessen the blow and would also keep the option for Smith to return in future sequels.
— Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) August 29, 2016
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Steppenwolf Actor Ciarán Hinds Not Happy With ‘Justice League’ Theatrical Cut
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Listen To The Epic Music From The Final ‘Aquaman’ Trailer