Warner Bros. have moved the release date of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman 2 up by a month and a half.
Originally scheduled for release December 13, 2019 it now moves to November 1, 2019. This takes Wonder Woman away from the release of Star Wars: Episode IX, which opens on December 20, 2019.
Patty Jenkins is returning to direct the highly anticipated sequel.
Wonder Woman was a box office smash, grossing $412 million in the US and $409 million internationally. It became the highest grossing superhero origins movie, after taking the title from Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man, which held the record for fifteen years.
There had been reports over the weekend that Gadot wouldn’t sign on for the sequel until Brett Ratner’s name wasn’t removed from franchise. According to Deadline that isn’t the case and Gadot has signed on to return as the “Princess Diana of Themyscira”.
Rantner’s RatPac Dune isn’t committed to finance Wonder Woman 2, its commitments with Warner Bros ends April 2018. Ratner wasn’t listed as producer on the first Wonder Woman, as RatPac was merely a passive financier.
- Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’
- Exclusive: ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Ross Butler Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- Over 150 HD Screencaps From The New ‘Captain Sparkle Fingers’ Sorry, ‘Shazam’ Trailer
- Exclusive: ‘From Dusk Till Dawn’ Star D.J Cotrona Joins The Cast Of ‘Shazam!’
- ‘Exclusive’: What Surrounded Diana In The Shrine Of The Amazons *UPDATED*